Dedication. Determination. Discipline.
Maryland 3D Basketball is a 501(c)(3), AAU-accredited organization founded on one pledge: to set the standard of excellence for youth through athletics based on the guiding principles of dedication, determination, and discipline. We strive to provide our youth with the leadership qualities to become great role models and leaders; create communities that promote welcoming atmospheres for youth to practice and learn; and establish the highest quality of sportsmanship, respect, and collective responsibility for our community.
Since its inception in 1997, 3D’s mission is to impact the greater community by providing youth with the pillars of success through the three D’s, whereby allowing these future leaders to set standards of education, civility, ethics, and character. This mission is carried out in complement with a competitive schedule and model coaches who empower players to both have fun and seek educational and athletic success.
The collective wisdom of the founders is that the keys to personal, academic, and athletic success lie within the principles of dedication, determination, and discipline.
- Dedication: we believe that one must have dedication to his or her dreams and life’s purpose in order to achieve self-actualization and reach personal success.
- Determination: we believe that nothing of value comes without hard work. Being determined will allow one’s dreams to be realized in the face of adversity. Goal setting and a fixation on achieving them are individual hurdles that mold character and allow accomplishment.
- Discipline: we believe that for youth to reap the benefits of their potential, they must have the fortitude to make good decisions, follow a strong moral compass, and establish a standard of excellence that enable and empower them to succeed.
- Set the standard of excellence for youth through athletics based on the guiding principles of Dedication, Determination and Discipline.
- Provide youth with leadership qualities to be great role models and future leaders
- Create communities who are welcoming and affirming of others where kids practice, play and learn.
- Establish and demonstrate the highest form of morals, sportsmanship, respect and collective responsibility for our community.
Since its inception, Maryland 3D has established itself as one of the nation’s most highly-respected AAU programs, committing to a tradition of excellence on the court and in the classroom.
Maryland 3D has had nearly 100 players move on to the college ranks, including those playing other sports or playing basketball at the club level.